Benefits of a gelatin mask for the face, how it works and damage
Skin care and beauty always go hand in hand with the need to use natural materials instead of synthetic cosmetics, one of these is gelatin. Learn more about the benefits of gelatin for the skin and how it works . A gelatin mask for the face in more than one way, its benefits and side effects.
Benefits of gelatin for the skin
Gelatin is a protein substance obtained from natural collagen, and a lot of research has been done on gelatin to understand its benefits for the skin. Stimulating the increase of natural collagen in the body, which increases skin moisture, reduces wrinkles, and gives the skin a refreshed and youthful appearance.
Benefits of a gelatin face mask
There isn’t enough research to show the benefits of gelatin, especially for the face, but because gelatin is made from collagen, it can help you:
- Get rid of blackheads on your face as they penetrate the open pores and remove any impurities and stuck-on dirt.
- It prevents the appearance of acne because it cleans the skin well and helps to get rid of unwanted sebum that stimulates the appearance of acne.
- Helps soften facial skin as it removes dead skin.
- It helps in tightening the face and activating the natural collagen, making the face look more youthful and lively.
How to make a gelatin mask
There are several ways to make gelatin masks. You can choose the one that works for you, but before applying it to your skin, try it on a small area of your arm first and wait a bit to make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction to it.
Gelatin and milk mask
- Take 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- First, wash your face from dirt and makeup and dry it well.
- Mix the gelatin with the milk well until a smooth and cohesive texture is obtained.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for only 15 seconds.
- Apply the mask directly to your face, avoiding the area around the eyebrows and eyes, and leave it on for 15 minutes or until it feels dry on your face.
- Hold the edges of the mask and gently peel it away from your face, then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Mask made of charcoal and gelatin against blackheads
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gelatin powder with 3 tablespoons of milk and 3 tablespoons of charcoal powder.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds, or you can heat it up on the stovetop, just make sure it only gets to the heating point and doesn’t get too hot.
- Apply the mask to your face or where there are only blackheads, avoiding the area around the eyes and eyebrows.
- Leave the mask on your face for half an hour or until it dries.
- Carefully remove the mask and then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Gelatin and turmeric mask
This mask is more beneficial for women with oily skin. Set them up as follows:
- Put a bag of gelatin powder in a bowl of ½ cup of hot, not boiling water and stir it well until it dissolves.
- Add 3 tablespoons of ground turmeric and stir until well combined with the gelatin, then add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mixture.
- Place the mask in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow it to cool and set.
- Apply the mask to your face with gloves in your hand, avoiding the eye area and eyebrows, and leave it on for 20 minutes or until the mask dries.
- Peel off the mask with your hands or a paper towel.
- Wash your face with cold water. You can use a gentle facial soap, such as glycerin soap, to remove traces of turmeric. The yellow color may be completely gone from your face within hours.
lemon gelatin mask
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder with 1 tablespoon of lemon, then add half a tablespoon of water and stir well.
- Apply the mask on your face, distribute it well and leave it for 20 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and dry it gently.
Gelatin mask with water only
This mask is very suitable if you suffer from dry skin, prepare it as follows:
- Take 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder, then gradually add a little warm water until you get a smooth and consistent texture.
- Put the mask in the microwave for only 10 seconds.
- Apply the mask evenly to your face, leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
There are many methods and ingredients that you can use with gelatin, but there are also some tips and caveats to keep in mind so as not to suffer any ill effects, as follows.
Disadvantages of gelatin mask, warnings and important tips
- It can cause facial redness, so you cannot use it to get rid of facial redness, but you should not use it more than once a week so as not to cause inflammation in the skin.
- You can use this mask to clean your face when other cleansers cannot remove the dirt and dust that causes blackheads and pimples, provided it is used every 1-2 weeks and no more.
- You may be allergic to gelatin, so try a part of your arm first and wait a few hours before applying the mask to your face – if you have allergies like rashes, itching and swelling, we don’t recommend using this mask at all.
After all, every skin is different in nature from woman to woman, a gelatin mask may or may not be good for your skin, so always see what works for you and if you have a particular skin problem you should ask your doctor first if you have any questions you can Contact one of our doctors here.