Calories in carrots and why should you eat them?
If you always have to snack throughout the day, carrots may be your best choice as a tasty vegetable with essential nutrients for the body. Calories in carrots are important nutritional value and benefits for the health of the body.
Carrots are useful and healthy vegetables, known for their usefulness and health importance in all generations. Children are told from an early age that eating carrots is very good for them or that it helps their eyesight and that it strengthens eyesight. .
Purple, red, yellow and white carrots were cultivated long before the now-famous orange carrots were introduced, as the variety was developed by Dutch farmers in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Carrots are one of those vegetables rich in important nutrients and vitamins and can be added to salads, soups and all kinds of dishes. It is a vegetable that can be stored and preserved for a long time.
calories in carrots
According to the USDA, a medium carrot (about 61 grams) contains about 25 calories.
The same fruit contains about 6 grams of carbohydrates, 1.5 grams of fiber, 3 grams of sugar, 0.5 grams of protein, and absolutely no fat.
This means that the calories in carrots are significantly lower, but you can increase the calories from eating carrots in other ways, by adding it to food and eating it easily.
Over the years, there has been conflicting information about the glycemic index of carrots, which is an indication of how much and how quickly your blood sugar is raised by certain foods. Studies have shown that raw carrots have a low glycemic index (only 35) and can increase slightly with cooked carrots.
Using this link, you can now calculate your body mass and determine your ideal weight in simple steps: Calculate Now .
Important nutrients in carrots
The water content in carrots ranges from 86 to 95%, along with carbohydrates which are one of the important nutrients in carrots, they also contain pectin, which is the main form of soluble fiber that helps improve health and reduce disease, and is also found in insoluble fiber. soluble in water. Reduces constipation and regulates bowel movement.
In addition to being low in calories, carrots are a great source of vitamins and minerals, including:
Plant material in carrots
Now that you know how many calories are in carrots, it’s a good idea to study the main plants in carrots, which are powerful antioxidants that help improve the immune system and reduce disease, including:
- Beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A in the body and is better absorbed when carrots are cooked.
- Alpha-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body.
- Lutein, found in the yellow and orange parts, is important for eye health.
- Lycopene, which reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease, is found in purple and red carrots.
- Polyacetylene protects against leukemia and other types of cancer.
- Anthocyanins, a powerful antioxidant found in dark carrots.
Apart from its most important feature, the very low calorie content of carrots, it has many health benefits:
- It protects against cancer because it contains powerful antioxidants that have anti-cancer effects.
- Prevention of lung and colon cancer because it contains beta-carotene.
- Prevention of leukemia, one study showed that carrot juice can kill leukemia cells and prevent their growth.
- Improves eyesight because it contains vitamin A, which prevents dry eyes that affect normal vision.
- Diabetes Control: The antioxidants and botanicals found in carrots help regulate blood sugar.
- Weight control, due to the lack of calories in carrots, they help control weight and lose extra pounds by eating regularly.
- Control blood pressure because it is rich in fiber and potassium and helps protect against high blood pressure and heart disease.
- To enhance immunity, it contains vitamin C that strengthens the immune system and prevents diseases.
In the end, after we explained to you, dear reader, the number of calories in carrots and their many health benefits, do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors if you have any other questions from here .