Must-know facts for first-time contact lens wearers
Contact lenses are not just an item to enhance the beauty of the eyes. But also an important helper for people with vision problems as well because it creates relief and enhances the personality to look better, especially for those who have high eye problems and don’t want to wear glasses with thick lenses.
But for people who have never worn contact lenses before I think a lot of people have things they don’t know and worry about. Both ways to put save methods and more. Today, Vogue Beauty is going to share some key knowledge that will make wearing contact lenses for the first time easy and safe for everyone.
1. Types of contact lenses
There are two types of contact lenses , both made of different materials and designed for different eye conditions.
1) The hard type, made of transparent hard plastic. Suitable for people who wear contact lenses for the first time. Because it has a body shape which makes it easy to insert. However, due to the thickness of the material, air cannot penetrate. Wearing it for a long time will make your eyes dry and tired easily. But nowadays, it has been developed to make the material softer. Helps reduce symptoms of long-term wear and tear and eye fatigue. For this style, it is suitable for those who have high eyesight. Both are myopia, farsightedness and astigmatism
2) The soft type is made of different materials than the hard type, which makes it soft, and has high water retention properties and good oxygen permeability, which makes it comfortable to wear and can be worn for a longer time than the hard type. But for beginners, it can be difficult to wear them. Because it looks very thin, this type of contact lens is suitable for people with normal eyesight. or uncomplicated eyesight
2. How to choose contact lenses
- The value of vision: For blind people , you should measure your vision and seek advice from an ophthalmologist first. For the doctor to analyze whether wearing contact lenses should be considered. If you choose the wrong eye value, it may cause eye problems.
- Eye size: Choose contact lenses that fit the eyes. It will help reduce eye fatigue and dryness while respecting size and concavity. To fit most eyes
- Shelf life: The shelf life of contact lenses is usually divided into daily and monthly.
- Daily: This contact lens lasts for one day only and is suitable for people with dry eyes and sensitive eyes. This type of contact lens will provide relief. And reduce the possibility of eye inflammation
- Monthly: Contact lenses that last for 30 days or 1 month, and their price is cheaper for this type, but they must be properly maintained because if they are not treated properly, they may cause damage to the eye.
- Choose from trusted brands: Contact lenses should be purchased from trusted, standard stores that people with vision problems can find at an optometrist.
3. How to insert and remove contact lenses
How do we put
1) Wash your hands thoroughly. Or for those who use assistive devices, wash the device well before touching the contact lenses. 2
) Remove or pinch the contact lenses. By observing whether the side of the contact lens is on the right side or not if this is correct, it will be cup-shaped. If wrong, it will be a shape that glows like a plate. 3
) Use the other hand to open your eyes wide. You can pull the whole eye or pull the lower eye down. 4
) Place the mirror at a low angle. And looking down the mirror will make it easier to install. Then slowly insert the contact lens. It is enough to suck in the eye contact lenses and gradually blink your eyes to put the contact lenses in place.
How to take off
1) Wash your hands thoroughly. Especially around the nails.
2) Clean out the old contact lens case and replace the immersion solution with a new one.
3) Look into the mirror with your thumb and forefinger lightly press together and gently pull back the contact lens.
4) Gently soak the contact lens. Contact lenses in the solution.
4. How to take care of your contact lenses
- When opening a contact lens bottle for the first time, it should be soaked with contact lens solution one night before, and should not be put on immediately.
- Before wearing contact lenses, wash your hands thoroughly. Use the equipment to help position it so that the hands do not touch the eyes directly, but make sure the equipment is clean. No dirt
- The infusion solution should only be used to clean contact lenses. Do not use other types of water for washing, as they will irritate the eyes.
- Contact lenses should not be worn for more than 8-9 hours as they can cause dry, tired and sore eyes.
- Contact lenses should not be worn to sleep. Because it may cause eye irritation, it is recommended to remove contact lenses every time before going to bed.
- The contact lens case should be replaced every month or at least every 3 months to reduce dirt buildup.
5. Advantages and disadvantages of wearing contact lenses
- Convenience and life are more flexible Don’t worry about your glasses falling off or having an accident.
- Helps to enhance the character to look better. Especially those with high eyesight, wearing thick glasses can ruin your personality.
- There is a cheaper price of cutting glasses.
- There is a clear viewing angle as close to eye value as possible.
- You should always keep your contact lenses clean.
- There are odd expenses like contact lens infusion costs, cartridge costs, and daily or monthly contact lens costs.
- If not maintained well bring about a chance of hurting the eyes
Because contact lenses are in direct contact with the eyes. Therefore, special attention should be paid to cleaning. It can be even more difficult than wearing glasses. But it allows us to see a clear picture with ease. There are also many colors and patterns. This will help make our eyes more beautiful too.