Latest treatment for type 2 diabetes
The world around us is evolving, and the more the world evolves, the more solutions you will find to your problems, especially the problems of diseases such as diabetes, for which modern medicines and treatments have appeared. In this article you will learn more about the latest treatment for type 2 diabetes and the most important treatment and nutrition tips.
Latest treatment for type 2 diabetes
The US Food and Drug Administration announced that it has approved a drug called dapaglifozin to treat adults with type 2 diabetes, which is believed to help control blood sugar levels when taken with diet and exercise.
Type 2 diabetes is characterized by high blood sugar due to the body’s inability to produce enough insulin or the inability to use insulin properly, which means insulin resistance. Glucose 2. In sodium (SGLT2), this increases glucose excretion and lowers blood sugar levels by preventing the kidneys from absorbing glucose.
The latest drug treatment for type 2 diabetes
Some people with type 2 diabetes can achieve target blood sugar levels with diabetes medications or insulin therapy.
Examples of possible treatments for type 2 diabetes include:
- Metformin: Metformin is the first drug prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It works by reducing glucose production in your liver and making your body more sensitive to insulin so your body uses insulin more effectively.
- Meglitinides: These medications, such as repaglinide and natalinide, work by stimulating the pancreas to release more insulin, but they work faster and have a shorter effect in the body.
- DPP-4 inhibitors: These agents, such as sitagliptin and saxagliptin, help lower blood sugar levels. These agents do not cause weight gain, but they may lead to arthritis, they increase the risk of pancreatitis.
- SGLT2 inhibitors: These medications prevent the kidneys from reabsorbing sugar into the blood. Instead, the sugar is excreted in the urine.
- Insulin: Some people have type 2 diabetes and will need insulin treatment, but this remains the last option as there are many alternative treatments. However, be careful not to use these alternatives without your doctor’s knowledge. You should consult your doctor first.
Treating type 2 diabetes the natural way
There are many natural treatments for type 2 diabetes, including:
Losing weight can lower blood sugar levels, and losing just 5 to 10 percent of your body weight can make a difference. This means that a person who weighs 180 pounds (82 kg) should lose just under 13 pounds (5.9 kg); To affect blood sugar levels.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no set diabetic diet, but there is a diabetic diet that requires you to identify important elements that will benefit your body in your diet, such as:
- Low in calories.
- It is low in carbohydrates, especially sweets.
- Few foods contain saturated fats.
- More vegetables and fruits.
- More foods that contain fiber.
- Everyone needs regular exercise, but people with type 2 diabetes need exercise more than others.
- Choose activities that you enjoy, such as hiking, swimming, biking, or yoga, that you can incorporate into your daily life.
- Set a time limit for 30 to 60 minutes of exercise each day.
Monitor blood sugar
Depending on your treatment plan, your blood sugar level may need to be checked and recorded . If you take insulin several times a day, ask your doctor how often you want to check your blood sugar.
In the end, dear reader, after you know the latest treatments for type 2 diabetes.. and the main medicines and natural remedies, you can work with your doctor to choose the right treatment for you.