Benefits of turmeric with milk for slimming (golden milk)
Turmeric milk is a popular drink in all countries of Asia, especially India. Its popularity has recently increased due to its many health benefits, especially weight loss. So, learn more about the benefits of turmeric with milk for weight loss and the most important thing this golden drink has to offer.
Turmeric milk is milk mixed with turmeric powder. It is known as golden milk, golden drink or golden milk.
The reason for this name is due to the benefits of the ingredients in the turmeric with milk recipe to improve digestion, lose weight, reduce inflammation, improve heart and bone health, and restore the body.
Although the taste can be a bit bitter, milk tends to take away that bitterness. This golden milk is usually made only from animal or vegetable milk and turmeric.
But the recipe can also include other ingredients such as ginger powder, cinnamon, cloves, ground cardamom and black pepper, making this golden drink even more beneficial for health.
According to some preliminary studies, one of the benefits of turmeric with milk is that it can help prevent many common diseases, such as:
- stomach pain
- Reducing the risk of stroke
- Preventing the risk of cardiovascular disease
Benefits of turmeric with milk for weight loss
Many people drink turmeric tea or turmeric milk to lose weight. People with metabolic syndrome can take curcumin to increase weight loss and reduce belly fat. It helps reduce total belly fat by up to 8%.
Turmeric tea is also used to suppress appetite as it helps reduce food cravings and thus the ability to regulate its intake.
This is in addition to the benefits of turmeric in supporting the body’s immune system functions, reducing inflammation, preventing oxidative stress, thus preventing many diseases and improving overall health. Benefits of turmeric with milk for weight loss:
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce inflammation in the body, one of the factors that cause obesity.
- Curcumin helps reduce inflammation in the cells of fat tissue, muscle, and the pancreas
- Golden milk also helps in weight loss by regulating blood sugar levels and preventing insulin resistance.
- Consuming turmeric increases levels of the hormone adiponectin, which helps regulate metabolism in the human body.
- One of the benefits of turmeric with milk is that when taken safely, it helps the stomach produce bile, which helps emulsify fats and aid in the metabolism process.
Benefits of the ingredients of the golden drink
Additional ingredients in the golden drink recipe also help increase its effectiveness in weight loss, such as:
- Cinnamon: Studies have proven the effectiveness and benefits of cinnamon in mitigating the negative effects of eating foods rich in fat, and its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties promote body health, improve digestion, and thus aid weight loss.
- Ginger: Ginger may play a role in weight loss due to its antioxidant properties that fight free radicals, reducing the risk of many diseases such as cardiovascular disease and other side effects associated with being overweight.
- Clove: Clove increases your metabolism, so including it in your diet can help in your weight loss efforts.
- Black Pepper Some studies have shown that the hot piperine component in black pepper fights fat by preventing the formation of new fat cells.
golden milk benefits
Despite the many recipes for preparing golden milk drink, turmeric is the main component of this wonderful drink. If turmeric with milk has a number of health benefits in addition to its weight loss benefits, and its advantages are:
Skin health care
In addition to the benefits of turmeric with milk for weight loss, drinking turmeric milk provides health benefits for the skin as it helps treat acne and skin infections and prevent the appearance of early signs of aging.
Turmeric plays an important role as a natural antibiotic as curcumin helps reduce inflammation in the intestines, treat indigestion and flatulence, relieve stomach cramps, improve the bacterial balance in the gut and thus improve the health of the body’s digestive system.
Maintaining a healthy liver
The use of turmeric made from milk is famous for detoxing the body, especially the liver. Using curcumin extract helps prevent liver damage caused by medications. Some studies have shown that it also blocks the hepatitis C virus from entering liver cells.
Chronic disease prevention
Studies have shown that curcumin can help reduce the level of inflammation in patients’ bodies, which in turn helps reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cardiovascular disease
- Some types of cancer.
improve brain function
Also, one of the benefits of curcumin is that it improves brain function and memory by stimulating neurotransmitters that help the brain to function as efficiently as it needs to. Some studies have also shown that it also helps prevent the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
Golden milk ingredients such as turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve joint pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
A 6-week study of more than 247 people with osteoporosis showed that those who took ginger extract reduced their pain and therefore needed fewer pain relievers than others.
How to make golden milk
To prepare a glass of turmeric milk at home, follow the following recipe:
- 120 ml unsweetened milk (half a cup)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Half a teaspoon of ginger powder
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Light pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Heat the milk over a medium heat for six to seven minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the flavors burst.
- Filter the drink through a fine sieve into cups.
If you do not want to drink milk, you can make turmeric tea (golden turmeric drink) by adding water instead of milk. When the water boils, add a pinch of turmeric with a pinch of cinnamon or any of the other options as per your preference.
Side effects of turmeric with milk
Although curcumin can help relieve an upset stomach, it can also cause stomach upset in some people. Excessive consumption of curcumin can also have some side effects, such as:
- stomach cramps
However, ground turmeric contains only 3% curcumin. To avoid the effects of excessive turmeric consumption, you should drink only one glass of turmeric milk daily.
People who may be allergic to certain ingredients should also be careful not to add them to the golden drink, such as soybeans, nuts, animal milk, or some types of plant milk.
This is in addition to the fact that curcumin can interact and interfere with some types of medications, such as heart medications, antibiotics, and antihistamines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before adding turmeric with milk to your daily diet.