Benefits, harms and interactions of vitamin E or E capsules and drug interactions
Vitamin E or E is the key to strong immunity and healthy skin, and it also promotes healthy eyes. In recent years, vitamin E capsules have become popular as antioxidants to protect cells from damage, but despite their benefits, there are still some risks associated with them. Read the following article to learn more about Vitamin E or E capsules.
How does the body obtain vitamin E?
The body receives vitamin E through:
- Food sources in foods such as whole grains such as: oatmeal, brown rice, vegetables such as: spinach and lettuce, and fruits such as: lemon and orange.
- You can also get vitamin E through supplements such as vitamin E capsules.
Vitamin E deficiency can cause nerve pain (neuropathy), and the recommended daily amount of vitamin E for adults is 15 milligrams per day.
Vitamin E capsules benefits
Vitamin E capsules have many benefits, including:
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Reduces high cholesterol in the body.
- Reducing aging rates.
- Reduces bone injuries, including arthritis and osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of developing cataracts known as cataracts.
- Protects against Alzheimer’s disease because it strengthens focus and memory.
- Vitamin E capsules help treat nervous disorders.
- Treatment of movement disorders caused by vitamin E deficiency in the body.
- Anemia treatment.
- Vitamin E capsules are given to dialysis patients.
- These capsules treat beta-thalassemia, a disease that affects children in the Mediterranean region.
- These capsules are given to cancer patients who are undergoing chemotherapy to protect them from cell damage.
- These capsules relieve pain, especially menstrual pain in women.
- These capsules are given to increase the chances of pregnancy.
- Vitamin E capsules help improve the balance of the musculoskeletal system.
- These capsules treat granulomas.
- Treat skin infections.
- It is given before and after surgery like eye treatments after laser surgery and after liver transplantation, as Vitamin E capsules help reduce surgical complications.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
- The capsules regulate blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of blood clots and thrombosis.
- Vitamin E capsules help lower blood sugar.
- The capsules treat convulsions and epilepsy.
- Helps relieve chronic diseases and chronic fatigue.
The permissible dose of vitamin E capsules
The body needs a certain amount of vitamin E, so it is divided according to people and their daily need of vitamin E.
|Persons||daily amount||high quantity|
|Baby from 1 to 6 months||4 mg||higher than 4|
|Baby from 6 to 12 days a month||5 mg||higher than 5|
|From 1 to 3 years||6 mg||200 international units.|
|4 to 8 years old||7 mg||300|
|9-13 years old||11 mg||600|
|14-18 years||15 mg||1000 mg|
|19 years||15 mg||1000|
|pregnant at 18||15 mg||800|
|Pregnant from the age of 19 to 35||15 mg||1000 mg|
|Breastfeeding from the age of 18||19 mg||800|
|Breastfeeding women from 19 to 40|
Use of vitamin E capsules
It is known that these capsules are very heavy, so women’s uses of these capsules and the methods used differed, such as:
The woman breaks this capsule and puts the thick liquid in the capsule directly on her lips, and it can be rubbed on moisturizing creams and the resulting oil mixed with the cream.
Roughness in elbows and knees
Women who suffer from roughness and cracks in the elbow apply vitamin E oil directly to the knees and elbows after breaking the capsule and massaging the rough areas with it.
You can open the capsule and break it and mix its oil with creams to moisturize the body, and you can use it as a “lotion” and a body moisturizer.
Vitamin E is useful in treating damaged and brittle hair, so you can use it on your hair and massage your scalp with it; Use 1-2 capsules if you have short hair and increase the quantity if you have long hair. Use it to massage your hair for half an hour, then wash your hair with conditioner and lukewarm water.
Massage the face with a small amount of oil in the evening before going to sleep and leave the oil on the skin until the morning after you wake up, wash your skin.
But everything has advantages and disadvantages: Just as vitamin E capsules have advantages, they have many disadvantages if not taken under medical supervision or in high doses.
Vitamin E capsules side effects
- Consuming large amounts of vitamins around 400 milligrams increases the likelihood of heart disease and diabetes, and increased doses of these vitamins are dangerous for heart health, increasing the risk of death for those suffering from heart and diabetes.
- Increasing the amount of vitamins in the body increases the chances of having a stroke, while a moderate amount of vitamins reduces the frequency of strokes.
- Vitamin E capsules can affect the prostate, making it susceptible to prostate cancer.
- There are side effects of vitamin E capsules, and capsules containing vitamins in general, and they include diarrhea or constipation, abdominal cramps, increased stomach gas, headache, blurred or double vision, and their effects on the skin, increased skin sensitivity and rashes. And the appearance of swelling in the skin and bruises.
Contraindications to taking vitamin E capsules
There are several things that must be taken into account when taking vitamin E capsules, as there are people who are prohibited from taking these capsules, and they are:
Pregnant women need vitamins during this time to make up for the weakness experienced during pregnancy, but taking high doses of Vitamin E capsules puts the pregnant woman and fetus at risk in the first few months of pregnancy.
Eating vitamin E maintains the health of the child and strengthens his immunity, and nursing mothers should take the vitamin from its sources or as a dietary supplement, but under medical supervision, and it is safe for breastfeeding, but when taken in certain doses.
Some children suffer from vitamin E deficiency, and this hinders walking and movement, so the treatment consists of vitamin E capsules that are given orally in certain doses, but who determines this doctor, and children cannot take capsules without a doctor to obtain supervision, especially if the capsules are It is given intravenously, as this is not safe.
Vitamin E capsules are given before and after surgeries such as heart enlargement surgery because they relieve pain, but they are given under medical supervision as excess of the vitamin increases the risk of bleeding, so the capsules are stopped two weeks before the operation.
Vitamin E controls blood sugar levels, so a diabetic takes vitamin E capsules, but there are doses determined by the doctor, as excessive doses increase the risk of heart failure.
The heart attack patient is given vitamin E capsules, but in certain doses, and increasing these doses does not lead to a rapid recovery of the patient, but rather causes his death.
Vitamin K deficiency
In patients with vitamin K deficiency, vitamin K is responsible for blood clotting, and increased doses of vitamin E capsules increase blood clotting problems.
High doses of vitamin E lead to complete loss of vision in patients with retinitis pigmentosa
If the bleeding continues, it is not recommended to take vitamin E capsules as this may lead to death.
For cancer such as head and neck cancer, that is, 400 milligrams of vitamin E capsules, the doctor will prescribe certain amounts, but for prostate cancer, it is not recommended to take capsules.
If you or someone in your family has had a stroke, you should stop taking Vitamin E capsules immediately as this increases the risk of infection.
drug interaction of vitamin e capsules
Taking vitamin E capsules with some medications may cause drug interactions as follows:
- Taking vitamin E capsules with vitamin A leads to poor absorption of vitamin A by the body.
- Taking vitamin E capsules with vitamin K causes blood clots to form in the arteries and veins.
- Take vitamin E pills with warfarin. It is an important blood-thinning drug, and the reaction leads to increased fluidity.
- Taking these capsules with cholesterol medications and vitamins that affect bad cholesterol will lead to a decrease in the proportion of good cholesterol that the body needs and an increase in bad cholesterol.
finally;We hope that we have provided you with all the information about vitamin E capsules and when to take them and what are their benefits and harms, and you should check with your doctor if you are taking any of the mentioned drugs to avoid this from side effects. capsules;