How to use hyaluronic acid for hair growth effectively
When it comes to skincare, hyaluronic acid has changed the game. It has revolutionized the skin care industry with its anti-aging and ultra-hydrating properties. It’s now making its way into hair care products. It claims to make your hair soft and shiny while increasing hair thickness and length. This is definitely #poetry! Let’s find out if this powerful ingredient is really worth including in your hair care routine. Read on to learn all about the benefits of hyaluronic acid for your hair!
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA), or hyaluronan, is found naturally in our eyes, skin, and bone joints. This clear, sticky substance is hydrophilic, so it attracts water and keeps fabrics moist and lubricated. Research says that only one gram of hyaluronic acid can absorb up to 6 liters of water and thus, it is known as nature’s moisturizer.
Hyaluronic acid has a gel-like texture due to its unique viscoelastic properties. This helps provide structural support to the skin, leaving it firm and plump. Chemically, it is a biopolymer made of N-acetyl glucosamine and D-glucuronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid has the following properties
- hygroscopic (attracts water)
- viscous rubber
- Bactericidal effect (prevents the growth of bacteria)
- Biocompatibility (compatible with living tissues and has no toxic effect)
- Anti-inflammatory (does not cause infections)
- Anti-edema (prevents swelling)
- Antioxidants (fight free radical damage)
It is widely used in cosmetics, tissue engineering, drug administration and wound healing because it can promote cell regeneration without any side effects.
So, can we use hyaluronic acid to promote hair growth? Find out in the next section.
Hyaluronic acid for hair growth: does it work?
Hyaluronic acid may help promote healthy hair growth. It is believed that it acts as a fertilizer that nourishes the hair and scalp, thus promoting cell renewal. Anecdotal evidence suggests that it stimulates hair growth and thickness.
A research study showed that a combination of hyaluronic acid, collagen and chitosan helped in increasing the thickness of hair strands and thus, may help add volume to your hair.
As we age, the hyaluronic acid in our bodies decreases. This is true for the skin cells surrounding the hair follicles as well. This may be one of the reasons why our hair becomes dry and brittle as we get older. Therefore, replenishing hyaluronic acid can help hydrate hair so it looks soft and smooth. This moisturizer locks in the skin-softening moisture, making hair strands stronger and less prone to breakage.
Aside from improving elasticity, it can also add shine to your hair as the sealed cuticles reflect light evenly!
Thus, hyaluronic acid may help give you longer, thicker, and shinier hair. However, there is no scientific evidence to prove this.
So, how do you use hyaluronic acid on your hair correctly? Keep reading to learn how to use it in your hair care routine.
How to use hyaluronic acid for hair growth Â
- After you get out of the shower, take a pea-sized amount of mesalamine and be careful not to use too much serum as it can make your hair greasy and limp.
- Gently massage the product into your scalp with your fingertips for 5-10 minutes.
- You can use a few more drops of the serum on the rest of your hair. Rub the product between the palms of your hand and distribute it evenly throughout your hair. a
Note : Do not towel dry your hair before applying the HA serum.
You can use HA for hair growth in addition to a host of other benefits. It can moisturize your hair and reduce frizz and breakage. The most important thing to remember is that you only need to use a small amount of it because it absorbs 1,000 times its weight in water!
Here is how you can use hyaluronic acid to treat various hair problems:
- Anti-frizz : It is most effective when used on wet hair. Simply apply the product evenly from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Hair Strengthening : Simply mix a few drops of HA into your deep conditioner. This will increase your deep conditioning treatment because hyaluronic acid is extremely moisturizing for your hair.
- Curls Rejuvenation : This applies to two-day curls . HA will replenish moisture and add life to dangling curls. Simply apply it to the lengths of your hair.
- Protect colored hair : Apply HA serum to your chemically treated hair. This will restore moisture, seal in excess skin, and protect your hair.
We have learned about the many benefits of using hyaluronic acid for hair. But what about its side effects? Find out how safe it is to use it in the next section.
Are there any side effects of using hyaluronic acid for your hair?
No, hyaluronic acid is safe to use for your hair. Since it is a natural component in your body, it does not cause any side effects. Just consider using small amounts of it as it can dry out your hair.
Therefore, hyaluronic acid can prevent your dull and dry hair strands without any harmful side effects. If you are wondering which products containing hyaluronic acid to incorporate into your hair care regimen???? We’ve got you covered! Check out our top picks below.
The most important hyaluronic acid products for hair
1. IGK Coconut Milk Anti-Frizz Shampoo
IGK Thirsty Girl Coconut Milk Anti-Frizz Shampoo is enriched with coconut milk and hyaluronic acid. This highly nourishing and hydrating product will lock in moisture and keep your hair frizz-free all day long! It can be used on color-treated hair as it provides UV protection. Thus, it prevents your hair color from fading quickly. The ingredients used in this product are vegan and cruelty-free.
- Moisturizes hair and scalp
- Cruelty Free
- Safe for color-treated hair Â
- Contains synthetic fragrance
2. NatureLab Perfect Shine Oil Mist
This lightweight hair spray is a must if your hair is frizzy or dull. This lightweight formula is hydrating and non-greasy. It contains grape stem cells, hyaluronic acid and platinum fibers that nourish, strengthen and protect your hair with powerful antioxidants. This eco-friendly brand does not use harmful chemicals. Adds shine and radiance to your hair with iridescent pearl extracts in it. a
- imparts brilliance
- Not greasy
- Enhances hair color Â
- Contains phenoxyethanol
3. Noah’s Restorative Treatment Hair Mask
True to its name, the Noah Restorative Treatment Mask contains hydrating ingredients that replenish moisture in your locks. This eco-certified brand uses natural and organic avocados in its hair mask. The hyaluronic acid in this product can transform your dull, weak and brittle hair with its hydrating properties. a
- moisturizes hair
- Environmentally friendly
- Anti-aging formula
- Suitable for dull and dry hair
Hyaluronic acid is one of the natural components of our body, so it suits every hair texture. Locks in moisture and promotes cell growth and thickness. It’s a great ingredient to include in your hair care routine to calm frizz, add shine and strengthen your hair. You can use it as a hair serum or leave-in conditioner to protect your hair from pollution, humidity and harsh weather conditions.