How to make white and brown samoli bread at home
Samoli bread (English Samoli bread) is a type of French bread (French Samoli), and this bread is known by several different names, including Viennese and French bread, and in Egypt it is known as Fino bread, as it is known in Iraq as Samoun bread, and also in Kuwait it is known as Samoun, and in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia it was called Samoli, after the baker Issa Al-Samouli, and it may be related to the Italian baker semolina, which is one of the delicious items used in sandwiches and to learn about the different ways in which they work.
How to make Samoli bread (Samoli with milk)
If you are looking for the best way to bake Samoli bread at home (Fino bread), we will introduce you to the method in detail so that you can get a successful and delicious recipe similar to that of ready-made Samoli bread.
The ingredients for samoli bread are simple and straightforward and available in every home. All you have to do to prepare samoli bread dough is to prepare the following:
- Two cups plus three tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup warm milk.
- 1/2 cup warm water.
- a teaspoon of yeast.
- a tablespoon of sugar.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Two tablespoons of oil.
- 1 tablespoon cold butter.
Samoli bread method
You can make samoli milk bread at home by:
- Mix the yeast, sugar, milk and water and leave the mixture until the yeast rises (about 10 minutes).
- Pour the mixture over the flour and remaining ingredients except for the butter and knead into a smooth but slightly sticky dough.
- Add butter to the Samoli bread dough and knead again for 5 minutes until a firm dough is formed.
- Let the dough ferment for an hour and a half to two hours.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls if you want to make large Somali bread, but if you want to make small Somali bread, you can divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll each of the balls, then roll them into a cylinder.
- Place the dough rolls on the baking tray, cover and leave for another hour.
- Place the bread in a preheated 400°F oven, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the bread cool slightly on a wire rack before using it.
The only way to make samoli sesame bread is to add a few kernels of sesame seeds to the bread before putting it in the oven, or add sesame seeds to the mixture as you like.
Samoli French bread dough can be made at home by preparing:
- Six cups of all-purpose flour.
- Two bags of dry yeast.
- A tablespoon and a half of salt.
- Two cups of warm water.
- spoon of cornmeal
- water spoon.
samoli french bread
You can make French samoli at home by:
- Mix the dry ingredients (yeast, salt, flour) in a bowl.
- Gradually add water until a dough forms.
- Then the dough is taken out and placed on a floured board.
- Kneading is done for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Form into a ball and leave to ferment in an oiled bowl.
- After the dough has doubled, roll it into balls on a floured work surface.
- The balls are flattened and rolled into a cylinder and the ends are closed.
- Grease a baking tray with butter, then sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Place the dough rolls on a baking tray and brush with a mixture of egg whites and a spoonful of water.
- Cover the dough and leave the bread to ferment until doubled in size.
- After fermentation, you can use the tip of a knife to make streak-like marks on the bread for an aesthetic appeal.
- Place the bread in a preheated 375°F oven for a third of an hour (20 minutes), then lift, cover with a mixture of egg whites and water, and place in the oven again for another 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
How it works by Samoli Brown (Samoli Brown)
This type of samoli bread, known as salty bread, is prepared with milk like samoli bread, but the white flour is replaced with whole wheat flour (branded flour).
Yogurt is also replaced with skim milk, oil is replaced with olive oil, and sugar can be replaced with brown sugar as a healthy alternative.
Calories in samoli bread
The calories of this bread can vary slightly depending on the ingredients used and the size. The calories in small Samoli bread differ from large bread. 100 grams of bread contains 300 calories.It also includes:
- 9 grams of protein.
- 54 grams of carbohydrates.
- 4 grams of fat.
Calories in samoli brown bread
The calories of Samoli brown bread can be lower than the regular variety as 100 grams of grainy brown bread contains 270 calories and also contains:
- 9 grams of protein.
- 51 grams of carbohydrates.
- 4 grams of fat.
And now, at the end of our article on how to make Sambouli bread and how to prepare French Sambouli, we remind you that it is better for you to eat brown or brown Sambouli as it is considered a healthy thing for you in good health.