Argan oil for the face – what are its benefits and how to use it?
Have you heard of argan oil? You certainly have. But, do you know what it can do for your skin? Argan oil is one of the key ingredients that has added a whole new dimension to hair and skin care. Is it good for your face, though? How can you use it at home? What are the benefits? Nosy? Scroll down to find answers to all of that and more.
Is argan oil good for the face?
Argan oil is considered the holy grail of hair and skin oils because it is in the middle of the oil spectrum. It is neither too heavy nor too light. It gets easily absorbed into your skin and is very moisturizing. You don’t need a drop or two for your face. The best part is that you can apply it directly without a carrier oil.
About 99% of argan oil is made up of triglycerides (oleic and linoleic acids), while the remaining 1% contains vitamin E, carotenoids, sterols, and polyphenols that are known to be beneficial for the skin.
Argan oil strengthens your skin, reduces inflammation, relieves dry patches, and helps improve overall skin health. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using argan oil for the skin.
What are the benefits of argan oil for the skin?
- moisturizes your skin
Argan oil contains vitamin E and other fatty acids. It is light and absorbs quickly into the skin. It moisturizes, nourishes and keeps your skin hydrated for a long time. If you live in arid and cold conditions, you need this oil in your tank. You can probably replace your usual moisturizer with this one. It suits all skin types, so you don’t have to worry.
- treat acne
Using the oil on acne-prone skin (i.e. oily skin) may sound crazy, but argan oil works as a healing agent. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and soothe acne It also has anti-sebum properties that can help reduce oiliness and improve the appearance of oily skin.
Our skin begins to wrinkle and tends to look more dull than it is because it lacks hydration and hydration, which speeds up the aging process. Argan oil increases skin’s renewal rate and improves its elasticity Since argan oil is highly hydrating, it locks in moisture and makes your face look fuller, brighter and smoother.
- Protects from sun damage
Argan oil contains antioxidants that protect and repair your skin from sunburn, damage or hyperpigmentation caused by sun exposure. Hyperpigmentation is usually caused by an increased production and buildup of melanin in your skin. The different components in argan oil work collectively to prevent the production of melanin.
- Treats and treats skin problems
Inflamed and itchy patches are characterized by some skin conditions caused by dry skin, such as eczema or atopic dermatitis. Aside from your usual medication, using argan oil can reduce redness and itching of scaly skin, soothe your skin, lock in moisture, and maintain your skin’s barrier function.
- Improves overall skin health
Argan oil is full of ingredients that are considered the best for maintaining the health of your skin. Using it in your daily skin routine can make a huge difference in the overall appearance of your skin.
- heals wounds
Argan oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can aid in wound healing.)
The benefits are great. So, how do you use argan oil for your face?
How to use argan oil for the face
- Moisturizer – Take one or two drops of argan oil and apply it all over your face before you start your morning routine. Do this at night as well and leave it on overnight.
- Moisturizing Toner – Pour a drop of argan oil onto a cotton pad with the toner and pat your face with this mixture.
- Scrub or lip balm – Add a little argan oil to brown sugar and gently exfoliate your lips with the mixture. Or apply the oil to the lips and leave it on for a while to allow it to moisturize and soften them.
- Serum – Add argan oil to your serum and let it soak in before continuing your skincare routine.
How to choose the best argan oil
- Look for cold-pressed argan oil. It is most effective on both hair and skin.
- Avoid any product that contains synthetic fragrances, fragrances, or chemicals.
- Argan oil is natural and does not need preservatives. So, look for something completely natural and organic.
- Argan oil is expensive due to the way it is extracted and the limited availability of the fruit in only a few parts of the world. Don’t fall for anything incredibly cheap.
Now that you know what to look for while shopping for argan oil, here are some brands to try!
Best brands of argan oil for the face
- Viva Naturals Organic Argan Oil for Hair, Face and Skin – Buy it here!
- Pura D’or (4 oz) Organic Moroccan Argan Oil – Buy it here!
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil – Buy It Here!
So far, we’ve seen all that is good in argan oil. What about the bad? Do you have any side effects? Let’s find out!
Side Effects and Risks
- Although argan oil is highly tonic, it can cause skin sensitivity or exacerbate acne in people with severely sensitive skin or nut allergies.
- Argan oil is actually made from the stone fruit, but it may still cause reactions in some people. Always do a patch test before you go all out with it.
- If you take argan oil, watch how your body reacts to it. It can cause severe bloating, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or breakouts.
Remember that argan oil is used in its strongest form. It’s exceptionally thick, and you’ll only need a drop or two per face. It’s best to leave it on overnight and wake up to a healthy glow in the morning. Don’t forget to line your pillow with an old pillow case because it can leave stains.
Do you use argan oil directly or indirectly in your routine? Do you want to give this a shot? Let us know by leaving a message in the comments section below.