Children and home isolation .. How do you explain the importance of social distancing for your child?
The whole world is going through a difficult time due to the spread of the Corona virus in a large number of countries in the world, especially with the instructions of global health organizations regarding adherence to home isolation and the importance of social distancing at this stage. But some find it difficult to stick to it because of their children, so how do you deal with the matter with children and home isolation ? How can children be made aware of the importance of social distancing? Follow this article with us to find out the answer.
Children and home isolation
Children may not understand the importance of social distancing and home isolation, but they will experience a range of mixed feelings that they cannot understand.
- Confusion about everyone going home and not going to work.
- Sadness and frustration at not being able to leave the house and see their friends.
- Anxiety and fear that someone he loves will contract the virus.
- Stress of the parents’ condition and fear.
- Drowning is watching news related to the virus through the media.
Because of these mixed feelings that the child faces, parents need to educate children about the importance of social distancing and home isolation, and this is explained in the next paragraph.
How do you explain the importance of social distancing to your child?
Before you explain the importance of social distancing to a child, you must first explain the most important information about the new Corona virus and how a child can protect himself from the virus? And what do you do when you feel tired? You can explain the importance of distance to a child by:
- Talk to the child calmly and try to calm him, because children react to what you say or do.
- Try to find out how much the child knows about illness and social distancing and what that means by asking them questions.
- Take the time to talk to the child so he can ask you about his concerns.
- Explain the importance of the matter to the child using simple, factual information that is appropriate for the child’s age.
- Tell the child that you are doing this to keep him and his friends safe and healthy.
- Tell the child not to listen to what is being posted on social media because some of this information may be misleading.
- Try to find out what the child is feeling and try to comfort him.
Remember, dear reader, that children are sensitive to the circumstances they are going through. So try to deal with them by touching what is allowed where you can hug the baby from time to time until you feel safe. And you can create a new system for him so that he does not get tired of sitting at home and trying to play with him sometimes.
Awareness of children with health problems
When a child has a health problem, they may be more concerned about illness, but parents can handle the situation by:
- Acknowledge the child’s fears and listen to them when they want to talk.
- Tell the child the truth about the effects of the virus on his health, because if you do not tell him, he may become anxious.
- Seek advice from your pediatrician to find out how the virus could affect the baby.
Now that you know how to make kids realize the importance of these things, you need to explain the most important steps to take to keep them safe.
How do you protect children from the Corona virus?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, you can protect your child by advising and guiding him about the need for healthy habits to prevent the virus, the most important of which are:
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and throw it in the trash immediately, and sneeze into the elbow if the tissue is not present.
- Don’t touch your face with your hands to get rid of germs.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Have an adult help them use an automatic sanitizer when soap is not available.
- Keep the place and the things it touches clean.
- Staying at home and not going out, especially when you feel tired.
An animated film to educate children about the dangers of the virus
In the event that you want to raise a child in a simple and understandable way, this video will help you to make him see how serious it is through this simple story:
And now at the end of the article, dear reader, did you know how to deal with children and home isolation? How can you advise them? Tell us in the comments Did your child see the video in the article? And what was his reaction?