Benefits of B vitamins and symptoms of deficiency
Vitamin B contains many important nutrients for the body, it helps focus and strengthen the immune system, and it has many other advantages. Benefits of Vitamin B Follow us, dear reader, for the whole body, and where each type of it can be found.
Why is vitamin B important?
Do you know why your doctor doesn’t ask you to eat only certain foods, even if they are all beneficial and healthy? This is because the body cannot function without a wide range of different nutrients, and therefore there is no way to achieve this diversity except by diversifying the sources and types of food.
This is the case with the group of B vitamins, and getting one type of them does not replace the others, each type performs different functions in the body and each type is found in different types of food sources needed to get as many as possible. Vitamins As much as possible, get the B from food so that you do not suffer from serious symptoms of a B vitamin deficiency.
Sources of vitamin B in foods
Vitamin B is found in the following foods:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) found in spinach, lettuce, milk, watermelon, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and Syrian pulp.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) found in broccoli, oysters, eggs, mushrooms and calf liver.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) found in shrimp, tuna, chicken breast, tomatoes, potatoes and spinach.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) found in broccoli, cabbage, soy milk, and salmon.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), chicken breast, white rice, spinach, potatoes, tomatoes, bananas.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin), egg yolk, calf liver, chicken kidneys, fish, bananas, potatoes or sweet potatoes, oat flakes.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid), green beans, kidney beans, okra and asparagus.
- Vitamin B12, shellfish, eggs, fish, poultry, red meat and milk.
Vitamin B enters the body but is poorly absorbed, so vitamin B9 is stored in the body in the form of folic acid, especially in the liver, and some suffer from vitamin B deficiency in the body due to poor absorption or malnutrition.
Vitamin B benefits for the body
The vitamin B complex has many benefits for the body, including:
- It prevents cirrhosis, strengthens the liver and helps it expel toxins.
- Prevents redness and itching of the eyes caused by allergies.
- Vitamin B protects against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Benefits of each type of vitamin B.
This list includes the benefits of vitamin B for the body, which are:
The benefits of vitamin B1 for nerves
There is in whole grain products such as cornstarch and nuts, vitamin B1 nourishes the nervous system and blood vessels, so its presence in the body is important to strengthen the nerves and nerves of the hands and eyes, and its deficiency causes heart attacks and nerve weakness, which leads to eye and eye problems that cause hand tremors.
Benefits of vitamin B2 for inflammation
Vitamin B2 prevents skin infections and skin cracks, because it stimulates blood circulation in the body and prevents allergies and rashes, as eating foods that contain vitamin B2 supports the elasticity of the skin and also contains steroid hormones, anti-inflammatory and vitamin B5.
Benefits of Vitamin B3 for the digestive system
Vitamin B3 has many important benefits for the body, such as carbohydrates, which provide the body with energy, stimulate the metabolism process by increasing metabolism, eliminate digestive problems, and treat constipation and diarrhea.
Benefits of Vitamin B3 for weight loss
Not only that, vitamin B3 protects against loss of appetite, but also treats the general weakness caused by thinness.
Benefits of Vitamin B5 for Energy
Eating a meal containing vitamin B5 from protein provides the body with the energy it needs for exercise and normal activities, because vitamin B5 provides the body with carbohydrates.
Benefits of Vitamin B6 for immunity
Vitamin B6 boosts the immune system because it contains antioxidants that boost the immune system to fight cancer-causing cell division.
Benefits of Vitamin B7 for Babies and Hair Growth
- Vitamin B7 contains essential nutrients for healthy hair and scalp because it supplies hair follicles with the oxygen needed for healthy hair and growth.
- Helps infants prevent nervous convulsions and nervous system disorders such as epilepsy.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 for Relaxation and Focus
- Vitamin B12 protects against brain impairment because it produces amino acids that improve mental abilities. Therefore, it is important for vegetarians and pregnant women.
- One of the benefits of vitamin B12 is that it protects against nerve weakness that leads to paralysis because, like all types of vitamin B, it helps in strengthening the nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 protects against stress, depression and mood swings and is therefore indicated for patients with mental disorders.
Vitamin B benefits for pregnant women
- There is folic acid or what is known as vitamin B9 in the body, and pregnant women do not need more than 1000 grams of folic acid, because it works on cell growth and is useful for pregnant women during this time because it protects them from hair loss during pregnancy and is important for the health of the fetus, as it helps in childbirth A healthy fetus with no congenital anomalies, it enriches the body with genetic DNA.
- Vitamin B helps a pregnant woman and fetus produce red blood cells in the body.
- Vitamin B protects against fatigue that affects pregnant women.
- It protects pregnant women from anemia and anemia during pregnancy.
Vitamin B benefits for the diet
- Most foods in the diet contain B-complex vitamins because they contain polyunsaturated triglycerides, which increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body, causing the body to burn more fat and lose weight.
- Vitamin B provides the body with carbohydrates necessary to burn fat.
- It supplies the body with energy, which reduces the risk of stress and fatigue due to dieting.
- Protects the body from anemia.
- Protects your skin from pallor and yellowing that may affect the skin during the diet phase.
Benefits of Vitamin B for the skin
Vitamin B has many important health benefits for the skin, including:
Vitamin B helps moisturize and protect the skin from dehydration, as it contains all the nutrients that support skin elasticity, protect the skin from dehydration and support its freshness.
Protecting the skin from wrinkles
Vitamin B protects the skin from wrinkles and white lines that appear after pregnancy and aging as well as obesity and sudden thinning, because one of the benefits of vitamin B is that it moisturizes the skin and nourishes the collagen threads in the cells naturally. The skin tissues that contain the necessary oxygen and thus help to have a more vibrant and youthful skin.
Vitamin B benefits for hair
Vitamin B complex of all kinds helps:
- It strengthens the hair roots because it supplies the hair follicles with oxygen all the way to the ends.
- Protection against hair damage
- Protection against breakage.
- Hair germination.
- Protecting the scalp from infections and skin diseases such as alopecia and psoriasis.
- It protects the scalp from bacterial and fungal diseases such as dandruff.
Benefits of vitamin b for nails
Women complain of broken nails and their pallor, so vitamin B contains all the elements that strengthen the nails and give them a healthy appearance. It works to regenerate cells in the nails. Weak nails appear due to poor absorption of iron in the body, so vitamin B12 helps the body to prevent Anemia.
Vitamin B benefits for children
- Support and increase the metabolic rate.
- Maintains healthy skin, hair, nerves and muscle tension.
- Improving immune and nervous system functions.
- It increases cell growth and division, including red blood cells, which helps prevent anemia.
- Reduces the risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Reduce symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Symptoms of Vitamin B deficiency
There are many symptoms that appear as a result of a lack of vitamin B in the body, including:
- numbness in the body;
- Inability to pay attention and focus for minutes.
- Tremors most of the time.
- Skin infections and skin allergies such as rashes.
- Arterial disorders and heart health.
- Eye infections and allergies.
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as constipation and diarrhea.
- Fetal abnormalities.
- Thyroid hormone disorder.
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- Mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety and stress.
That is why the doctor prescribes nutritional supplements in the form of tablets or injections of vitamin B to compensate for the deficiency.
vitamin b pills
Some people have vitamin B deficiency in the body, so the doctor will prescribe these vitamin supplements to treat the symptoms of vitamin deficiency in the body.
Women who follow a vegetarian diet also suffer from this deficiency, so vitamin B pills are important for improving mental activity, accelerating wound healing after surgery, and relieving menstrual pain in women.
Vitamin B side effects.
When taken in high doses it causes the following:
- Nerve disorder and weakness.
- Tingling sensation in the body and extremities.
- Allergic reactions such as rash and swelling, especially of the face and tongue.
- Caution should be exercised with vitamin B supplements if you have diabetes, liver disease, or sickle cell anemia.
Finally, we hope that we have provided you with all the information about the benefits of vitamin B for skin, body and hair and a table of sources: If you have any of the symptoms of vitamin B deficiency, consult a doctor immediately.